Using these images as a guide, design a POSTER (or see alternatives below) made on standard size bristol board. Your poster may be artistic and colourful but overall should convey the information accurately and cleanly. Use a format similar to mine in the images below or design your own. It is highly recommended that you use the computer to type all text. One suggestion is to type in a large black (or coloured?) font, cut out rectangular pieces of paper with the text, and glue them to the poster.
Choose two organisms in the Kingdom Animalia but from different Phyla.
FRONT of poster:
- Provide a full classification (from Kingdom to Species level) for a representative of each organism. For example, there may be many species of snails, so just choose one.
- Include a labelled anatomical diagram for each organism that includes one particular organ-system (ie. reproductive system, nervous system, etc.) that you intend to discuss. The diagram may contain other organs as long as the system you choose is present.
BACK of poster:
- For each organism, discuss the organ-system you have chosen. Be aware that you must not plagiarize from your source(s) so read the information you collect, make some rough notes, and then put it all in your own (scientifically correct) words.
- If you'd prefer you can design a computer graphic poster, web page, Flash animation, or other. Please see your teacher to discuss alternatives.
- Check out these great Flash and HTML projects by my students:
Acorn Worm vs. Yellow Perch: Digestion (Flash by Max Qi and Shauna Gao, 270 KB)
Green Sea Turtle vs. Brown Hydra: Reproduction (Flash by Yang Ding, 563 KB)
Human vs. Earthworm: Digestion (HTML by Eddie Chan, 48 KB)
- Look at the graphic below to see a sample marking scheme.