DNA Graphic Assignment
Video may take a moment to load. Maximize browser window with "F11".
Need a graphics program?
Try DrawPlus 4 (Freeware)
Create a DNA molecule using whatever graphics software you can get your hands on and take a picture of your work while you are creating it in something called a "screenshot".
- Open up your graphics program and start creating your DNA molecule.
- Take a screenshot while you are working in your graphics program. To do this, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. This will take a picture of your entire desktop and store it in the memory of your computer.
- Start a new document and then select Edit / Paste (or Ctrl-v) to paste the screenshot into the new document.
Here's what my screenshot looks like. Notice that you can see the whole screen.
- Save the screenshot image as something like DNA_screenshot and use the jpg, gif, or bmp ending.
- Go back to your original DNA image and finish it up. When you're done, save the final image as something like DNA_final again in jpg, gif, or bmp.
This is my final DNA molecule. Click on the image to see it full size.
- Submit your DNA_screenshot and DNA_final images on a CD or floppy disk. Include your full name.
If you have any problems, just let me know. Have fun!